- April 22, 2020 at 4:20 pm #21032
I have a few questions that I’ve been unable to figure out looking at theme documentation and answers posted to the forum.
1. Is the BM Page Builder the same as the BM Content Builder? I only see the Content Builder, and it seems like the fix to my question is in the Page Builder. I tried extracting the Page Builder file from the theme plugin files and it says it already exists, but I don’t see anything that says “Page Builder” anywhere… Am I missing something?
2. All I’m really trying to do is figure out how to create a video grid page, as seen here: https://art.seatheme.net/portfolio/video-grid/. I can’t find instructions in any of the documentation, and also can’t figure out how in the world to replicate this through posts, portfolio, or pages. I’m unsure as to whether I’m supposed to use a video embed code or upload the video directly—I’m trying to get a clean look for the videos, without any of the Vimeo junk they put on the video (user, share buttons, etc.).
Thanks for your help!April 22, 2020 at 9:48 pm #21037
1. They are different plugin. If you use the Art theme, please activate the BM Content Builder, deactivate the BM Page builder.
2. The demo page is set as the embed video in the single Portfolio. There is the video ‘junk’ for opened embed video(see the demo). It supports the hosted video also. Please refer to https://doc.seatheme.net/theme/art/portfolio/single-portfolio-thumbnail-video/
Regards!April 23, 2020 at 8:17 pm #21054
Thanks for your reply. I see how to embed a Vimeo or Youtube link as a portfolio item, but cannot find the option to use a hosted video anywhere… nor can I find any of the “Embed Video” options that are listed in the link you provided.
Where am I supposed to get those options? When I embed video I only get the options to give an embed code, set aspect ratio, cover image, scroll in animation, and offest.
When I go to Masonry Grid and choose Portfolio as a source, I am again at a dead end. If I choose to edit my portfolio layout it brings me to a blank and unresponsive box tab called Custom Grid Layouts but I see no content and definitely no options for choosing media sources.
Pretty confused at this point, thanks for your help!April 24, 2020 at 3:27 am #21055
Please set “Hosted video” when you edit the single portfolio item: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7a3ekuq6dphkhyr/qq20200424-112352.jpg?dl=0
Please make sure:
– select a category of the portfolio
– the status of the portfolio is “published”
– there is the Featured image is set for the portfolio
BestApril 28, 2020 at 5:19 pm #21099
I’m sorry if I’m being dense here but I cannot for the LIFE of me find “hosted video” option in a single portfolio item. The problem is not making the correct selections once I have found that options panel you sent in the screenshot, the problem is that I cannot reproduce that options panel anywhere.
My portfolio has a category, it is published, it has a featured image. Where in the world do I find that option panel? I’ve thoroughly looked through all options/panels in the BM Content Builder, the Gallery Settings, the Layout Options, etc.
Could you please send through a simple step by step guide? Something like 1. Create a new portfolio item with a featured image and publish it. 2. Go to XYZ button, click it, etc. I’m also happy to send through access if it’s easier to create a page with dummy content that I can switch out.April 29, 2020 at 4:27 am #21100
1. Please go to Portfolio > Add new
2. Enter a title, set the category
3. Set hosted video for “Thumbnail in the Grid/Masonry Grid”
If you didn’t see the option, please check what’s the theme version you use.
Or Please send your question(this topic URL) and wp-admin(URL / username/password) to firstname.lastname@example.org, I’ll log in to check it.
BestApril 29, 2020 at 3:17 pm #21105This reply has been marked as private.April 30, 2020 at 7:44 am #21118
There is not the option in the V2.2.0. It was added in V3.
The v2 to v3 is a major update, many contents need to rebuild in V3.
BestMay 14, 2020 at 9:04 pm #21275
I have since updated a dev site to v3 and still cannot find the options you are describing.
ThanksMay 14, 2020 at 9:06 pm #21276This reply has been marked as private.May 15, 2020 at 11:03 am #21287
Please disable the child theme. It will disable the new options of V3.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.