Home Forums FAQ Thumbnails : 10 to 20 “clones” for each image ?!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ericleleu
    Participant
    Purchased
    Expired

Hello,

The theme is great and my website looking very neat, thank you. http://www.ericleleu.com

I am still facing a problem : 1 Gb disk storage is full on my server and I can not add new projects.
    I already optimized my images in PS with “save for web” (70/100). Do not want to go much lower (photography website), also images are kind of large format : 1500 px.

I was wondering if I could optimize the number of thumbnails to save up space : I looked on the ftp at least 10 different versions are created for each image, sometimes up to 20 versions for if the image is used as portfolio thumb ! Check captures below.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4qbg6fed9s7t8o/screen-eric%202021-01-18%20%C3%A0%2010.47.25.JPG?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl9q68xmwk1elti/screen-eric%202021-01-18%20%C3%A0%2010.48.05.JPG?dl=0

Is there a way to reduce the number of thumbnails generated, especially the large ones ?

Best regards,

Eric

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi,

Sorry, we don’t know a better way. We normally remove the old one from WP wp-admin and FTP, re-upload the new one. We don’t have a quick solution either.

Regards!

SeaTheme – SeaTheme.netTwitterFacebook

ericleleu
    Participant
    Purchased
    Expired

Ok understood.

So I can disable all these formats below generated by WordPress or some of them are useful for the theme ?

Thumbnail (Size based on Media settings)
    Medium (Size based on Media settings)
    Large (Size based on Media settings)
    Medium Large 768px
    2x Medium Large 1536px
    2x Large 2048px
    Scaled 2560px

Then I can delete them “by hand” via ftp and then finally regenerate the thumbnails via a plugin like “media library folder” for instance ?

The format generated by Art Theme are :
    350 px long,
    650 px long and 650 px square,
    800 px long,
    1000 px long in 2 versions

Is that correct ?
    Thanks.
    Eric

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi,

We didn’t use the plugin “media library folder”.
    We removed them from the WordPress media library. But the images files will not disappear in FTP, we have to remove them in FTP also.

Regards

ericleleu
    Participant
    Purchased
    Expired

ok thanks. Last question : do I need to keep both format “1000x667px” and “1000x750px” ?
    Can I get rid of them both or maybe one of them ?

Eric

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Welcome.
    Better keep them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!