May 8, 2020 at 1:43 pm #21188
I found some issues regarding portfolio URLs that do not make it easy for SEO:
1) If I rename the portfolio slug in theme options > “ux- portfolio slug”, the default theme Portfolio will overread the page I actually want to display (containing a beautiful grid portfolio). How can I avoid this?
As an example naming my portfolio “Projects”, I want to have this structure for my portfolio:
2) “ux-portfolio-cat” slug is added to the portfolio categories. Where can I rename this slug?
Ideally, naming my portfolio “Projects”, I would have such category slugs like:
3) Where can I rename both slugs, ux-portfolio and ux-portfolio-cat, when using several languages?
(i.e. with WPML).
Thanks in advance,
MiguelMay 9, 2020 at 11:42 am #21194SeaThemeKeymaster
1) The slug name must not be set the same, it is the WP basic rule.
There is another solution:
– install the redirection plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/
– create a Page(Page > Add New) name it as “project”, it is the real projects page (containing a beautiful grid portfolio, etc)
– redirect the projects URL to project by the redirection plugin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g54jwk6wmgzrzpd/QQ20200509-165242.jpg?dl=0
2) It will cause many issues if you change the ux-portfolio-cat name. I don’t suggest you change it. You could use redirect the category pages by redirection plugin, like the solution 1)
3) The 2 slug names cannot be changed in the WPML.
Regards!May 11, 2020 at 11:03 am #21205
Thank you very much.
I know there can’t be 2 identical slugs in WordPress. I need the real URL to be the same for the portfolio grid and the porfolio slug for the themes, because is the one I want to index by the search engines. I will study making a redirection plus a rewrite rule directly in the htaccess file to the URL I want, if that works.
If not I will try to place in my child theme instead of the portfolio default page PHP code, the PHP code of a single page. Please tell me if the files are right:
Besides, it would be cool if you consider including for any of your theme updates the possibility of letting the user to display the default theme “portfolio gallery” or the one designed by the user in the selected page / url, like other themes allow. Also the possibility to set custom portfolio category slugs & structure.
Thanks in advance,May 12, 2020 at 8:19 am #21214SeaThemeKeymaster
It needs to change many files, it is not possible by the child theme. You will re-build all the portfolios if you change the slug name.
BestMay 12, 2020 at 10:39 am #21222
I will set the ux-portfolio-cat category archive pages to no-index, and I will look for another solution for making the ux- portfolio slug and wished page URL compatible.
I should translate the ux- portfolio slug into more languages, and I see I can do it with WPML string translation.
I will post here the solution when I find it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.