Home Forums Art WordPress Theme Retina images

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bitnik
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hello,

it´s again me ;)))…but this time with a general question, as I´m not sure which resolution use for the images uploaded:
    My old wordpress site with older theme uses a plugin called WP Retina 2x that made the images retina-ready…in other case it was recommended to add @2x to the filename to “explain” WordPress that this image is for retina screens.
    Is it still necessary or such things are meanwhile set up automatically by wordpress or modern themes and I only have to upload the images in better resolution, which works for retina?…
    On no-retina-screens these higher-resolution images will be displayed in lower resolution (as a smaller version of image prepared by wordpress, as I always have different sitzes of the same image in the media library) then or they always load the full-size-image?
    ..and what happens in grid gallery od masonry gallery in Art theme? The smaller images / thumbnails are loaded as a full version and resized then on the go or smaller version of the image is loaded?

Thanks in advance!

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

Hi,

No, it is not necessary.

Most of the images are set with Srcset by default https://doc.seatheme.net/theme/art/global-settings/general-settings/#image-lazyload

Regards!

SeaTheme – SeaTheme.netTwitterFacebook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!