- January 15, 2020 at 7:41 am #20328
1. Hello! I am building my profesional portfolio and I have several categories with couple of subcategories with 5-10 projects in each. And now I don’t really get what is difference between building everything with Pages (all categories as pages and individual projects as pages) and making structure with Pages and each individual project as Portfolio. What is the difference between Portfolio and Page (I have looked documentation and still dont really get it..)? And how does Categories work? I see that I can categorise all Portfolios but do I somehow link those Categories to Pages of my menu categories?
2. Also can I use Elementor in process of building this or only BM Builder is supposed to be in use?
3. How do I correctly add header picture (fixed image) in template “Start with fixed image”? As soon I put any image in box (I am pressing “+” button and inserting image) it stops working as fixed image and instead acts as regular pictures scrolling down all together.. see: http://minus8.lv/ux-portfolio/start-with-fixed-background-image/?preview_id=824&preview_nonce=6b375608e4&preview=true&_thumbnail_id=815January 16, 2020 at 3:28 am #20341
Normally, the single Portfolio is for creating the individual project
the Page is for the portfolio list page
There is a category for the single Portfolio, it will organzine the single Portfolios( individual project )
I see that I can categorise all Portfolios but do I somehow link those Categories to Pages of my menu categories?
What’s the menu you talked about? Are the “All Branding Illustration UI” in the demo page ( https://art.seatheme.net/portfolio-2-columns/ ) ?
We added a new doc, hope helps you understand it:
2. I strongly suggest you use the BM Content builder, all the demo pages are built by the BM Content builder. The Elementor is not required plugin on our themes.
3. The effect is not built by the single image. It is Mask and background in the Text module, screeshot:
(Please edit the Text module) https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw8t5qhd2cc22m3/qq20200116-112642.jpg?dl=0
Regards!January 16, 2020 at 8:17 am #20348
Thanks for 1. and 2.
But with 3. one I can not get it. Even when I insert your pre-made template in new blank portfolio it does not work properly when I preview it (before I even touch anything) header image (the gray default image) is scrolling all together with everything and is not anyhow fixed.. Where is this text module supposed to be with background image? Above everything? And then block with image follows? Or how does this work? Also when I do as shown in dropbox image you posted and add background in text module (no matter if it is image or just color) and make it “mask” I dont see anything, I dont see any image the block is just blank..January 16, 2020 at 8:48 am #20353
And what for is group module?January 17, 2020 at 2:52 am #20355
Please enter the simple Text for the mask-effect. Check the video about how it work:
[video src="https://doc.seatheme.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/mask-text.mp4" /]
There is no the mask-effect option in the Group
RegardsJanuary 17, 2020 at 3:39 pm #20360
Question is – how do I make first (header) image not to scroll? How do I make it fixed? Not how to make text masked..January 18, 2020 at 1:37 pm #20361
Please use the Group https://www.dropbox.com/s/hicd8uh6e47jmyd/qq20200118-213635.jpg?dl=0
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.