Home Forums Air WordPress Theme How to add photo credits to footer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    applemint
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

My footer has two sets of information (the logo and social icons).
    Underneath that I want to add a line of copyright info and underneath the copyright line, add credits of all photo’s of each particular page (meaning credits will be different on each page).
    What are you recommendations on how to do this?
    Thank you.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi,

My footer has two sets of information (the logo and social icons).

Are the two sets of information on 2 different columns?

Regards!

SeaTheme – SeaTheme.netTwitterFacebook

applemint
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi,
    That’s how they automatically show up, one next to the other. But I didn’t set it that way.
    I went to Theme Options > General > Footer >
    Footer Elements: 2 sets of information
    Information 1: logo
    Information 2: social Icons
    Regards

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi,

It is possible to add a copyright
    1)
    Install a custom js plugin like Simple Custom CSS and JS, put the javascript codes by this plugin(Custom CSS & JS > Add Custom JS), add JS code:

jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ){
      $('.footer-info').append('<span class="air-copyright center-ux">Copyright</span>')
    });

2)
    Please paste the custom CSS code to “Appearance > Customize: Additional CSS”

.air-copyright{
    	position:absolute; bottom: 50px; font-size:12px;  
    }
    .footer-info {
    	position:relative;
    }

credits of all photo’s of each particular page (meaning credits will be different on each page).

It is not possible to add different credits for each particular page.

Regards

applemint
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi,

Thank you for the above code. I just got into testing it and it works succesfully.

1. Since I’m adding more than one line, how to increase the space below the Footer Elements to give it more space?

2. Does adding this Javascript require the use of a Child Theme? I have been working on the parent theme so far.

Regards

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi,

1) Please paste the custom CSS code to “Appearance > Customize: Additional CSS”
    .footer-info {margin-bottom:20px;}
    If it doesn’t work, please leave your website URL.

2) You could add the JS code with child theme(custom.js) also. It is not necessary to install the plugin if you use child theme.

Regards

applemint
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Thank you.

1. Yes it works. Except that it causes the back to top arrow to not align anymore. Is the following code okay to fix that? .container-fluid.back-top-wrap {bottom: 80px;}

Now that I understand which class to approach, I was wondering if instead of your above recommendation .footer-info {margin-bottom:20px;} , I could also do this? .footer-info {height: 230px;}

2. What I meant was, can I keep working in the parent theme with the added JS code with the plugin you recommended? Or will an update to the parent theme delete this code?

Many thanks and regards

applemint
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

3. I found a new issue with adding space to footer. When a page has very little content, it will now show the new footer credits, even though footer logo and social icons are covered/invisible. I would like the footer credits to be invisible as well. Can this be fixed? I will add links to show the issue.

applemint
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!