- May 23, 2018 at 10:13 pm #152866SunburyParticipant
Hi, Please can you direct me toward some guidance on installing and using a Child Theme. I’m not really sure where to begin! Thanks, SMay 24, 2018 at 3:23 am #15289SeaThemeKeymaster
1) Install the parent theme (like: Air theme, refer how to install WP theme) , don’t change the theme folder name(it should be air-theme always)
2) Install the child theme, the installing progress is same with installing a normal theme, the installable file is “air-child.zip”. Activate child theme after installed.
4) If you want to change some PHP files: header.php, footer.php, single.php, page.php, comments.php, searchform.php and PHP files in the template folder, please clone the PHP file, move the cloned PHP file into child theme folder. Please make sure the same folder tree with the parent theme. Like:
You can change the cloned files into child theme folder.
5) Put your own function codes into functions.phpJune 16, 2018 at 3:01 pm #154476SunburyParticipantThis reply has been marked as private.September 17, 2019 at 4:15 pm #19606jhchoiParticipant
How can you change the name of the Child theme? Can you change the zip file name and upload with the new zip file name?September 18, 2019 at 5:35 am #19610SeaThemeKeymaster
Do you mention the name in wp-admin, you need to edit the style.css, change the “Theme Name”.
No, it doesn’t work by changing zip file name. Please change the child theme folder name. It is not necessary, the child theme folder is only shown in origin HTML code
PS: don’t change the parent theme folder name
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.