Home Forums Art WordPress Theme Can't select 'What thumbnail does' in portfolio when Item Style is Image + Text

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nnhsh
    Participant
    Purchased

Hi, I am unable to select the thumbnail click action in my grid portfolio when I select as item style Image + Text. The option disappears in the grid portfolio menu. The current default action is that it opens the page of the post. If I choose the item style Image, the option ‘What thumbnail does’ appears and I can select the lightbox option.

I want the lightbox option with the Image + Text item style. Is this possible?

Nnhsh
    Participant
    Purchased

Additional question: how can I edit the Gallery on Left/Right template that is shown as Layout Template in the wp-admin portfolio page?

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

Hi, thank you for purchasing our theme.

It is possible by the “Media library” source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn4nmacbg6jqfim/qq20200412-104033-hd.mp4?dl=0

Please refer to how to use the “Gallery on left/right”: https://doc.seatheme.net/theme/art/portfolio/single-portfolio/#gallery-on-right-left

Regards!

SeaTheme – SeaTheme.netTwitterFacebook

Nnhsh
    Participant
    Purchased

Hi, thanks for the reply. Your suggestion does not solve my problem. I do not want to use ‘Media library’ as source, because this does not allow for filters to be applied. I want the portfolio to be the source. Currently it is possible to use the lightbox option with portfolio and Image, but not with portfolio and Image+Text as item style (the latter being what I want). Do you have a solution for this?

Also you have not yet answered my question about the Gallery on Right/Left, and I cannot find the answer in the linked document, so perhaps I should be more specific. Is there a way for me to modify the existing layout template ‘Gallery on left/right’, shown for example in Portfolio>Add new, such that these modifications are used in the same layout template when used in the future? Can I for example change the padding somewhere in Gallery on Left?

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

Hi,

1. We will add the lightbox option in the next update.
    There is a solution to add it quickly:
    a) Please edit a php file, go to Plugins>Plugin Editor, find the BM content builder>include>templates>modules>module-grid.php,
    line 582:
    if( $imageStyle == 'image' ) {
    update to:
    if( $imageStyle == 'image' || $imageStyle == 'image-text' ) {
    b) edit the Grid in BM content builder, edit the Grid, set item style as “Image”, you will see the ‘What thumbnail does’, set it as lightbox. set as item style as “Image+Text” back.

————————————————————————————————
    If it doesn’t work, please send your question(this topic URL) and wp-admin(URL / username/password) to help@seatheme.net, I’ll log in to add it.
    ————————————————————————————————

PS: there is the filter option for the ‘Media library’ source. Please refer to https://doc.seatheme.net/sea-content-builder-plugin/filter-of-grid-masonry-grid/#source-media-library

2. I maybe misunderstand the 2nd question. I try to explain how the “Gallery on left/right” template work. Our guideline for designing this theme is to allow users to build all the content using BM Content Builder(BC). But “Gallery on left/right” is a special template. It cannot be created by the BC only.
    You will edit the gallery column by the page options(select image, gallery layout, gallery width, image spacing, etc): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed699nu960dmvo5/qq20200413-103236.jpg?dl=0
    You will edit the text column by the BC. I hope it helps you solve it.

Best

Nnhsh
    Participant
    Purchased

Thanks for the help, that answered my questions and solved my problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!