Home Forums Arnold WordPress Theme Cannot edit post/page suddenly after WordPress 5.5 updated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

We received some reports about “Cannot edit post/page suddenly”. It is caused the old version BM Shortcodes is not compatible with WordPress 5.5. Please upgrade Arnold theme and BM Shortcodes plugin to fix it. Please backup the website before the update.

There are 2 ways to update the theme and plugin:

1. Using WordPress admin:

• Go to and login themeforest.net, move the mouse cursor to username on top-right of page, there is the sub-menu slide down, click “download” to download the latest version.
      Update Arnold download
    • Login to your WordPress admin.
    • In the “Appearance > Themes” menu, please activate another theme.

Update Arnold - activate default theme

• Delete the Arnold theme(click “Theme Details” on Arnold thumbnail, there is the popup panel, click “delete” on bottom-right corner)
      Delete Arnold
    • At the top of the page click “Add New”
      Install WordPress theme - add new

• Click “Upload Theme”, then click the file input to select a file. Select the downloaded theme file, and click “Install Now”.
      Install WordPress theme - upload

• After installation you will receive a success message confirming your new install.
    • Click the link “Activate”. The Arnold theme is updated.
      Activate
    • Plugin update: Go to Plugins > All Plugins, find the BM Shortcodes, click “Update Required”.

2. Using FTP (If you use Aside theme):

• Go to and login themeforest.net, move the mouse cursor to username on top-right of page, there is the sub-menu slide down, click “download” to download the latest version.
    • Extract folder “arnold” from the zipped theme.
    • Login to your FTP server and navigate to your WordPress themes directory.
    • Normally this would be “wp-content/themes”.
    • Upload and replace the folder “arnold” to your themes directory by FTP.
    • Click the link “Activate”. The Arnold theme is updated.
    • Go to Plugins > All Plugins, find the BM Shortcodes, click the update link.
    scottiemcknight
    Participant
    Purchased

Will this get rid of everything I have already done on my website? I do not want to lose current content but I cannot edit new pages.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

Hi

The update will NOT get rid of the pages/posts/portfolio/media/theme options.

But I still suggest you make a backup. There are many plugins: https://www.isitwp.com/best-wordpress-backup-plugins-compared/

Best

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!