Home Forums Arnold WordPress Theme Arnold Theme- Home page 7 template, dual colour text

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ashpoleagency
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi there,

I have used the template 7 from Arnold theme to create a home page for my site which displays a few posts and pages.

I’ve noticed that some of the post titles text partially overlaying the images (on the home page) are black and white, and others are black only. Where can I adjust the format of the display overlay text to either black and white, or black according to my preference? I may not want to use the same post template for all posts (thus the differing text based on the templates), but would like to adjust the text format to be consistent when displayed on the home page, ie. either all dual toned, or black only.

If you could please point out where this feature is specified for each post, and how I can change from one to the other, so I can adjust the overlay text as required.

Thanks so much.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

Hi,

If the single post is set “Brightness of Featured Image”, the text over the image will be white.

If you don’t want to change the option one by one, you could use the custom CSS to show black text only. Please paste the custom CSS code to “Appearance > Customize: Additional CSS”

.cusl-dark-img .cusl-style-light-text-wrap {
        display: none;
    }
    .cusl-dark-img .cusl-style-normal-text-wrap {
        z-index: 9;
    }

Regards!

SeaTheme – SeaTheme.netTwitterFacebook

ashpoleagency
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi there,

No, I’m not talking about the header menu and logo (which adjusting the “brightness of the feature image” fixes.

I’m talking about on the Arnold theme home page template # 7, some of the posts featured on the page have the overlay text in dual tones, ie. black and white, rather than just black. This is not in the header area of the page with the menu and logo, but the text which layers over the post image.

Please can you tell me how to apply this to the ones which only have black text, where I would like black and white text as appears on some, but not all posts featured on the home page 7 template.

Thanks,

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

Hi,

It is the answer indeed.
    Did you test the custom CSS?

Regards

ashpoleagency
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi there,

But I don’t want to change the header menu logo and menu icon’s colour which I want to stay black, I only want the text to change to dual tone when the post is featured on the home page 7…?

I can see changing this as you say, has changed the text to dual tone on as I want, but it’s also changed the colour of the menu logo and the menu icon, which I wanted to stay as it was in black.

Is there a way to change the post features on the home page 7 without affecting the header colour?

Thanks!

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

If you don’t want to change the option one by one, you could use the custom CSS to show black text only. Please paste the custom CSS code to “Appearance > Customize: Additional CSS”

.cusl-dark-img .cusl-style-light-text-wrap {
    display: none;
    }
    .cusl-dark-img .cusl-style-normal-text-wrap {
    z-index: 9;
    }

ashpoleagency
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Ah, okay thanks I’ll give that a try.

So to clarify, that custom CSS will change the header menu icon and header logo back to black only, but keep the feature overlay text that shows up on the template page 7 as the two tone?

Thanks!

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

The custom CSS will not change the header menu icon and header logo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!